Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Finding and releasing a toad

Hi, its me Luke.

Here is the whole story about this hip and happening thing. It was a refreshing day and then I came inside and Mama said look I found a toad in the window well! My eyes were wide open and I was 'wow-ed' out. I wanted to go and see the toad right away. I saw it! Grace could not see it, I think it was camouflage for her eyes.

Mama forced me to go down in the window well and scoop up the toad in her biggest but last bowl and so I did. We put a little bit of water in it and it tried jumping out but it couldn't and then it tried a super jump! It was a long time to catch it because ...well... this is how it happened. First the toad was jumping around the air conditioner fan and we could not keep up with it. It slid right under the fan and stayed under there for about 5 minutes and we ............. snatched it! We put it in the bowl and named it little toad. We put him in the damp grass and he jumped away.

The end.

1 comment:

Pam Cox said...

Hey Luke,
I finally read your last two stories and they are fantastic! I really love the one about the toad because it was a real experience that happened to you and you explained it very well. Excellent!
Love you very much,
Grandma Pam